The Arkivet Foundation

The Arkivet Foundation
Photo Arkivet
2.5 hours. Capacity: 60 pax. Distance from the pier: 1.6 km The foundation is based in a building that served as a Gestapo regional headquarters during the Second World War, with the basement functioning as a detention and interrogation centre. Arkivet took over the vacated building in 1999.

The prison cells and torture chambers from 1942-45 have been reconstructed and installations and human-size dolls illustrate the events that took place in the basement.

powered by Ability.NET

Menu